Our heart is to provide a blessing and relieve some of the financial burden for each family, and not take away their blessing of providing gifts for their own families this Christmas. Therefore, we will not distribute children’s names, but will only make available the collected wish list. Parents will have the opportunity to select and purchase items at their own discretion, and with the care of our volunteers.
As a supporter, we ask that you purchase new items that are on the list in order to properly stock the store. Here are a few ways we will do this:
- Collect donations (toys, games, learning tools) from local churches, individuals and groups, based on the wish list. The wish list is a collection of items requested by each family within a specific dollar range. We will collect items from Nov. 1st - Dec. 6th, and supplement any item that isn’t received with Christmas donations.
- These items will be set up within the Upper Room of our ministry just as if at a retail store. Each toy will be discounted down 75% based on the retail price. For example a $10 item will be marked at $2.50.
- Each family will have a $20/child limit to spend at our store. This should provide an opportunity for each child to receive anywhere from 3-8 items depending on preference.
- Each family has a pre-assigned 30 minute window to shop. (Large families will be allotted more time)
- Each parent will have the privilege to purchase items for their children at a fraction of the cost, empowering them to provide a happy Christmas for their family.
- Gift wrapping will be available free of charge to each family.
- Family devotions will be given to each family.
- Monies spent at the store will be used in our Christmas Fund to replenish purchased items, provide for last minute emergency situations, and help purchase a small gift for each parent.
Click here to see the full list of toys. Drop off at CrossPointe by Sunday, December 5th. If you have any other questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.